After my recent post about the clothing subscriptions, I received an offer from Le Tote to try their program for free for a month, which was a fun surprise. I also chatted with a few folks from the company to clear up some confusion I had about how the service works. Basically, Le Tote is like a Rent the Runway for everyday clothes and jewelry. For a small monthly subscription fee, you get to "rent" clothes and jewelry that you have the option to buy at the end of the month. If you don't want to buy them, return them and you get a new tote. (You can get new totes each month with a single monthly subscription).
Overall I really liked Le Tote. After a short sign up process which gauged my types of clothes that I liked and allowed me to pick my faves, the tote was sent and arrived within 2 days. The jewelry and clothing wasn't a J Crew or even Gap quality, but if it's something you want to wear only a few times and return, it's totally fine.
The things that stood out to me:
- There were a lot of cute clothing options but not a ton for winter. Most were Fall or Spring/Summer when I received my tote in December.
- The jewelry selection was great. Lot's of fun pieces that I would consider buying.
- My only complaint... it wasn't for gals my height (it goes up to 6 feet tall). So not the best for tall gals, depending upon how you are proportioned (all of the shirts and dresses were too short). But customer service did assure me that they are looking to expand to additional sizes, so perhaps in the future.
- The customer service was stelar. I had a question and emailed them and within a few hours (or sooner) got a response. When I emailed them to cancel I got a call from a customer service person, which was a nice touch and wasn't overly salesy.
- The other small thing was that it was very hard to cancel the subscription. Luckily customer service helped me and was very responsive.
Next up I'm going to try Stitch Fix. My first box arrives this week. Stay tuned.
Photo via Pinterest.