Tuesday, July 21, 2009
My new machine
I learned on a Pfaff and I tend to gravitate towards them because of their solid feel. So when I went searching for a machine I decided to make that the first stop. I checked out Janome and Bernina but ultimately the Pfaff Expression 2.0 won out for me. (That and it was 1/2 off! )
While there are A LOT of features on this machine, here's the ones I find most valuable:
- 9 mm stitches
- A large space on the inner opening of the machine so I can move fabric around easier.
- The IDT system, which really just means a walking foot
- Dual lights
- Needle up and down
- Large range of motion for the needle
- A good amount of space under the foot when the foot is up, which allows you to work with thicker fabrics easier.
- Some "serge" functions that will come in handy if I don't want to get my serger out.
- one touch button holes - 5 varieties
- comes with 7 great accessory feet (I'm still learning what all of them are and what they do)
Bottomline, I love this machine. While it has a lot of functionality, it is simple to use. As my husband put it - "you are no longer restricted by the capabilities of your machine, now it's just learning to do the things you want to do!"