Sunday, March 15, 2009
I finally got some time to sit down and finish the Tulip Skirt from Stitch Magazine. Thanks to everyone who voted... I went with the blue buttons.
Overall a great pattern, but there were a few typos that made things difficult. For starters some of the front peices were actually the back.
I learned several things though...
- Buttonholes are hard to do on heavier fabric with my machine.
- How to use a twin needle.
- Pleats, while easy are not attractive in the back of skirts... really not attractive.
I hope to be able to wear this skirt, but there will have to be some minor alterations to the back so I don't look like I'm carrying around the biggest caboose on the west coast.
Posted by Sarah